Thursday, November 13, 2014

Introduction






I've been interested in genealogy/family history for a few years now.  Initially I focused on my ancestors that served in the Civil War, however after several exciting finds in earlier generations, I've decided to branch out and blog about my entire family history.  My blog about my Civil War ancestors can be found here:

Ancestors In a Little Blue and a Lot of Gray

My father was born in Elizabeth City, NC.  Most of his ancestors settled in Bertie/Chowan/Perquimans/Pasquotank counties in the late 1600's.  Their ancestors migrated down from the tidewater area of Virginia in the mid 1600's. 

My mother was born in Raleigh, NC.   Her mother was from Granville county.  Most of her maternal ancestors settled in the Granville county area by the mid 1700's.  Their ancestors migrated down from Virginia as well.  Her father was from Richmond, VA.  Most of her paternal ancestors immigrated to Virginia in the early to mid 1600's. 




Most of my ancestors immigrated to the American Colony fairly early.  Some were original Jamestown colonists.  My family has inhabited various parts of the Southeastern United States for nearly 400 years. 





No comments:

Post a Comment